Here are the original guidelines suggested by Lavie Tidhar:
- GIANT CHICKEN STORIES readers are problem solvers! Also they like chicken. Does your story feature a chicken?
- Remember! An egg in the first act has to hatch or at least be fried in the third act.
- We get too many stories of 1) post-apocalyptic worlds where chickens have taken over the earth, and 2) too many stories of good chickens gone bad.
- Chicken westerns are a no-go, EVEN IF SET IN OUTER SPACE!
- While our readers like the occasional chicken romance, explicit chicken sex is a no-no.
- If you must write a "kung fu chicken" story, please try to put a fresh spin on it.
- Submissions of Gung Bao Chicken are always welcome!